One of the biggest myths about weight loss is that all foods are forbidden. Not true! There are tons of guilt-free recipes out there so you can enjoy a modified version of the foods you love. This includes not only your three square meals a day, but also your snacks! Yes, snacking is a common thing that most people do, and some people actually prefer to snack a bunch during the day instead of meeting all their meals.
We’ll also be telling you just how to snack without bingeing (because we all know that it’s very easy to get carried away with mindless eating… just laying on your couch, watching a movie, with a bag of potato chips. Guilty as charged.)
But today, we’re going guilt-FREE!
❖ Cacao is better than chocolate
If you haven’t heard of raw cacao avocado pudding, get ready to have your whole life changed. People LOVE this recipe because it’s healthy, easy, delicious, 100% vegan and no-bake.
● 1/2 cup raw cacao powder + more to your liking
● 2 avocados (large & ripe) - organic
● 2 tsp vanilla extract
● 1/4 cup hemp milk (coconut or almond milk) + more as needed
● 1/3 to 1/2 cup maple syrup, agave, dates paste + more to taste
1. Slice the avocados, discard the pit and skins, then add the flesh to the bowl of a food processor.
2. Add the vanilla extract, sweetener, and hemp milk, then process it all together until it’s nice, smooth, and rich. Transfer everything to a bowl and tightly cover it. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or so.
VeggieSociety.com provides the recipe for this deliciousness.
❖ The quickest ice cream recipe… ever
For this next, amazing, guilt-free recipe, we’re whipping up some dairy-free ice cream using a Vitamix. Now, bear with me, I know you’re probably not excited about hearing about a dairy-free version of ice cream, but I PROMISE this is going to be your next favorite thing.
● 3¼ cup (780 ml) cashew milk
● 2 (230 g) sweet potato, baked, peeled
● 1 (120 g) ripe banana, peeled
● ⅓ cup (33 g) raw cashews
● 6 cups (780 g) ice cubes
● 6 (80 g) Medjool dates, pitted
● ½ cup (40 g) 100% unsweetened cocoa powder
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
Then… (Provided by Vitamix.com)
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute 30 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.
Pour 3 cups (720ml) of the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for at least 6 hours until solid. Reserve the remaining liquid in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Once ice cubes are completely frozen, remove them from trays and let them sit on the counter for 10 minutes. Measure 1.5 cups (360ml) of the reserved liquid into the Vitamix container, then add all the ice cubes. Secure the lid.
Start the blender at its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 30-40 seconds or until the mixture is processed.
In about 30-45 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
Diets fail when you don't feel satisfied and it kicks you into a binge cycle. Unhealthy snacking can sabotage your weight loss efforts, too, so it’s important to surround yourself with healthy, guilt-free snacks for when you’re itching for something tasty! Enjoy the recipes and happy snacking.