Updated: May 5, 2020
These times have been challenging for us all. As we begin to slowly, gradually and mindfully move into a new normal, let us remember to continue taking care of ourselves, our families, our community, and nature for the great good of all.
Shelly Werts, LCSW
Owner of Lotus Counseling and Wellness Center
Lotus Counseling and Wellness Center will re-open on June 1st with limited services. Below is our official memo. Please read this carefully and help us to keep everyone safe and healthy.
The following are the new policies for the wellness center as it re-opens for in-person services.
1. Mental Health and Health/Wellness Coaching will start seeing clients in-person on June 1st. Reiki therapy will start seeing clients in-person on June 15th.
2. Group in-person activities will continue to be postponed until further notice.
3. Livestreaming events will be posted on the website and on the wellness center’s Facebook page. There is also a “recorded virtual classes” channel available with a monthly subscription located under the “yoga” tab on the website.
4. Massage Therapy will be postponed until further notice. Additional policies and procedures for this service will be published prior to offering this.
5. All individuals receiving services at the wellness center must comply with the new standards set by the Kentucky Government as set forth:
a. Vulnerable populations with medical conditions that would put them at risk of acquiring COVID-19/Corona Virus will resume Tele-Health services.
b. We encourage all clients to consider continuing Tele-Health services for Mental Health and Health Coaching to reduce the risk of exposure to or the spread of COVID-19/Corona Virus.
c. All clients will receive an appointment reminder with a short health screen requiring you to call the office if you meet any of the criteria to change your appointment from in-person to Tele-Health for Mental Health and Health Coaching. Reiki clients will be expected to reschedule your in-person session after you are symptom free for two weeks.
d. All clients must wait in their vehicles to be called into the wellness center for their appointments. At which time you will undergo a brief health screen prior to entering the wellness center as part of your appointment.